2020 Bermuda Tech Summit Announces New Speakers and Sponsors
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Hamilton, Bermuda, October 8, 2020—The 2020 Bermuda Tech Summit, taking place online for the first time from October 14-16 as part of Bermuda Tech Week, has announced new sponsors and additions to its lineup of industry experts and speakers appearing next week.
Tech titan Hasso Plattner, Co-Founder and Chairman of SAP and Founder of the Hasso Plattner Institute, will be featured as a keynote speaker. Mr. Plattner will be joined by Kathleen Faries, Chair of Bermuda ILS and advisor to ChainThat and Blockchain Triangle, for an in-depth conversation. Mr. Plattner will share his thoughts on the current technological landscape and what lessons we can learn for the future.
Additional new speakers include:
- • Jeremy Allaire, Co-Founder, Chair, and Chief Executive Officer, Circle
- • Atanu Basu, Chief Executive Officer and President, Ayata
- • Steven Rees Davies, Partner, Appleby
- • Moad Fahmi, Senior Advisor, Fintech, Bermuda Monetary Authority
- • John Hele, Chief Operating Officer and President, Resolution Life
- • Thomas Lee, Managing Partner and Head of Research, Fundstrat Global Advisors
- • Blair Lilford, Founder/Owner, SALT Technology Group
- • Nathan McCauley, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Anchorage
- • Alexander McD White, Privacy Commissioner, Office of the Privacy Commissioner for Bermuda
- • Kapil Rathi, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, CrossTower
- • Massimo Scalabrini, Partner, Calyx Private Office
- • Victoria Thompson, Group Head of Innovation Legal, Barclays
- • Raymond Zenkich, President and Chief Operating Officer, Evertas Insurance Ltd.
- • Joe Ziolkowski, Chief Executive Officer, Relm Insurance Ltd.
New sponsors include Appleby, Bittrex Global, CrossTower, Gosling’s, Jewel Bank, SALT Technology Group, Stablehouse, Walkers and XBTO.
Roland Andy Burrows, Chief Executive Officer of the Bermuda Business Development Agency, said: “We are delighted to add these exceptional speakers to an already stellar lineup of business and thought leaders who will share their expertise. We also welcome and thank all of our sponsors who so generously support the vision of the event, the values of educational dialogue, and the spirit of innovation.”
The Global Blockchain Business Council (GBBC), the leading industry association for the blockchain technology ecosystem, and Hub Culture, a social networking service at the forefront of innovation, have both partnered with the Summit as agenda contributors to provide their expertise and insights into global trends.
Sandra Ro, Chief Executive Officer of the GBBC, noted Bermuda’s pioneering work in the area of digital assets: “As a leading innovator in digital assets and blockchain technology, Bermuda is trailblazing a compelling environment for entrepreneurs to grow their businesses. The Global Blockchain Business Council is proud to partner with the Bermuda Business Development Agency on this essential technology summit.”
Through the lens of digital transformation, the summit is bringing together members of the worldwide business community to discuss the ways businesses and industries are innovating due to the advancements of technology and changes necessitated by the pandemic. Hosted by the Bermuda Business Development Agency and FinTech Bermuda, engaging panel discussions, insightful case studies, and in-depth conversations will take place from 10am to 3:30pm ADT each day.
The final session of the Summit will explore the growing trend of remote working, how Bermuda has responded with the Work from Bermuda One Year Residential Certificate due to the strength of its response to COVID-19, and the increasing prevalence of digital nomads. As virtual happy hours become a part of remote working and team building, Gosling’s Rum will bring the event to a close with a live demonstration on how to make the island’s national cocktail, the Dark ‘n’ Stormy.
For more information and to register for the 2020 Bermuda Tech Summit, click here.
+1 441 292 7774
The BDA encourages direct investment and helps companies start up, re-locate or expand their operations in our premier jurisdiction. An independent, public-private partnership, we connect you to industry professionals, regulatory officials, and key contacts in the Bermuda government to assist domicile decisions. Our goal? To make doing business in Bermuda smooth and beneficial.