30 September 2021
Join RenaissanceRe for a virtual afternoon of in-depth, results-focused discussions exploring the science behind climate change, what we can expect from its impact over time, and actionable ways to safeguard communities for the future.
As part of this innovative tabletop exercise, RenaissanceRe will use Portsmouth, Virginia as a case study to establish a real-world framework for adaptive strategies and risk mitigation solutions that can be applied to vulnerable communities around the globe.
A broad group of renowned experts will examine:
- Who benefits from mitigation, and who pays?
- What solutions work best – structural/nonstructural mitigation, community-based programs, alternative/natural land use, etc.?
- What options exist for financing mitigation activities?
- What is the role of government and the private sector in risk mitigation?
- How can we apply “success stories” to other at-risk places?
This is the 15th session in the RenaissanceRe series of Mitigation Leadership Forums.