BDA Looking For Chief Operating Officer
The Bermuda Business Development Agency (BDA) invites applications for the role of Chief Operating Officer.
This is an exciting opportunity to serve your country and join a dynamic and close-knit team dedicated to the important mission of growing and diversifying Bermuda’s economy. As part of the BDA’s executive team, reporting to the CEO, the Chief Operating Officer will oversee the organisation’s operations and manage internal processes, policies and procedures to achieve overall strategic goals and objectives; support and drive strategic priorities aligned to the CEO’s and board’s vision and guidance; and create, enhance and review operational systems and frameworks that ensure delivery of the strategic plan while maintaining a focus on capital, resources,and efficiency.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about, and come to us with a grounded understanding of Bermuda’s economy, attributes, and opportunities. This position will help further develop an already talented team with a unique mix of Bermuda-focused business and management expertise. We have our eyes open for a COO who has strong leadership skills, a commitment to Bermuda’s future, and a willingness to approach challenges collaboratively, creatively and with integrity.
The successful applicant will be expected to support and enhance a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement. Other key responsibilities include but are not limited to: Data & Analytics, Finance, Operations, Legal, Compliance and Human Capital.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in an executive management position relevant to this role, with proven leadership experience
- Masters or undergraduate degree from accredited institution required
- Must possess excellent communication and presentation skills and be comfortable with initiating and maintaining relationships with stakeholders and C-level executives
- Demonstrated track record of delivery, measurement and communication of tangible results against approved goals
- Strong working knowledge of management practices, procedures, and governance as well as audit and P&L requirements
- Solid grasp of process design and performance metrics
- Ability to diagnose problems quickly and foresee potential issues
- Computer proficiency with key knowledge of Salesforce, PowerBI and data analytics preferred
You are invited to apply by sending your resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: August 26, 2022
The BDA encourages direct investment and helps international companies start up, relocate or expand their business in Bermuda. An independent, public-private organisation, we connect prospective businesses to industry professionals, regulatory authorities and government officials to facilitate domicile decisions. We are an equal opportunity employer that respects the fundamental rights and freedoms of every person, regardless of race, origin, politics, religion, age or sex. We embrace an open, inclusive and respectful workplace.
6th Floor, Maxwell Roberts Building, 1 Church Street, Hamilton, HM 11, Bermuda
bda.bm | email@example.com | @investBermuda