Bermuda Travel Protocols
- News |
The government of Bermuda has put in place stringent travel protocols to protect you and Bermuda. With one of the lowest infection rates in the world, Bermuda is nearly free of Covid-19, and we look forward to hosting you safely on our island.
Before travelling to Bermuda, you must complete the travel authorisation form online.
What to Know
Before Arrival, Get a Travel Authorisation
You will need:
- To have no symptoms
- A valid email address
- Proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken no more than 5 days before departure – more information
- To consent to having a COVID-19 PCR test on arrival and on days 4, 8 and 14 of your visit (if still on-island)
- To sign on agreement to abide by the legal requirement to quarantine in your accommodation as instructed
- Visitors 9 years and under: do not require testing to instead upload government issued photo ID as proof of age.
- Pay a fee of $75 per application or $30 for a child 9 years and under
Travel Authorisation applications are vetted between 9 am and 8 pm daily, prior to approval (see below for requirements and the process). Emergency Travel Authorisations may be issued on the day of travel by the COVID-19 Helpline at +1 (441) 444-2498. If your Travel Authorisation is not approved before your flight, you cannot travel to Bermuda.
By applying for a Travel Authorisation, visitors and residents agree to comply with Bermuda’s quarantine and public health laws instructions at all times. If you test positive at any time you shall self-isolate for 14 days at your accommodation, at your cost. Health insurance options are available and should be considered.
If you are a close contact of a positive person, you will self-quarantine for 14 days, at your cost. By purchasing a Travel Authorisation, you agree to comply with Bermuda’s laws designed to protect residents and visitors from COVID-19 spread.
Immunised travellers: Bermuda’s new protocols for immunised travellers can be viewed here. Business travellers who have been immunised are permitted to have face to face meetings following receipt of a negative COVID-19 arrival test result but meetings should be held in well-ventilated meeting rooms whenever possible. For more on potential venues see here.
On Arrival, Travellers Must:
- Show a copy of their Travel Authorisation
- Show a copy of their pre-departure COVID-19 negative test result taken no more than 5 days before departure. For reference, the day you test is day 0
- Undergo PCR COVID-19 testing at the Airport. Those with a pre-departure PCR COVID-19 test must quarantine at their accommodation until results are ready, which is usually within 24 hours. This applies to adults and children ages 10 and up.
- Wear a face mask and practise physical distancing to the greatest extent possible.
On-island, Travellers Must:
- Practise physical distancing, hygiene and mask-wearing in all public spaces where there is close contact with others.
- Take your own temperature twice per day and report via the online application/portal.
- Take a COVID-19 test, administered on Day 4, Day 8 and Day 14 at testing centres.
- The location and time of each of your tests will automatically be booked for you, so please do not arrange separate appointments. You will receive email reminders 24 hours before each test. To reschedule the time, please call the government’s COVID-19 hotline at +1 (441) 444-2498 (open 9 am–9 pm).
More information can be found on the Bermuda government’s coronavirus travellers page.
NOTE: If you are here to work in an office or for a business meeting, each office will have its own Covid-19 safety protocols, based on government guidelines, and it is a good idea to check with the office managers to see what the requirements are.